CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 30, 2008

Nutty Chicken Fingers

One that kids and grown-ups enjoy! I got this recipe from a cute little cook book that my Aunt gave me called Cooking for Kids by Taste of Home. I really like these because the kids like them, adults like them, and most importantly, they are baked not fried!

1/2 Cup finely chopped Pecans
1/3 Cup crushed Cornflakes
1 T dried Parsley flakes
1/8 tsp Garlic Powder (I use a little more)
1/8 tsp Salt
2 T Milk
3/4 pound boneless skinless Chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips

In a shallow bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Place milk in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken strips in milk, then roll in Pecan mixture. Place on a cookie sheet or baking pan and bake for 12-15 minutes. I like to cook mine for a little longer, so the outside gets a little crispier. I usually have to make extra of the pecan mixture, since it usually doesn't make enough for the amount of chicken I have.

1 comments:

Shari Goodman said...

love your blog Becky! I didn't know you were such a good cook! I will have to link this to mine.