CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Applesauce Pancakes

Our house is trying to eat healthier. With that being said, we are trying to go homemade. It is somewhat disturbing to read the packaging of Pancake mix and Cereal boxes-full of unknown ingredients and High Fructose Corn Syrup. I am really starting to love knowing what is in our food. I love knowing what I am eating, what my kids are eating. It just feels good. That being said. These Applesauce Pancakes from Sisters Cafe are delicious! Yum! My little guy chowed them down. That makes me happy!

Applesauce Pancakes

Recipe from: The Sisters Cafe

1 egg, slightly beaten
3/4 c natural applesauce (no sugar added)
1/2 c milk
2 Tb canola oil
1 c flour
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 Tb sugar
1 Tb baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Combine all ingredients until moistened. Cook over medium heat.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Hey Becky! I remembered you telling me you put this recipe on your blog. I am going to make them for dinner tonight! I procrastinated making dinner... it's almost 6pm and now I don't have time to make a casserole or anything else before my kids start complaining about being hungry! We love breakfast for dinner! I'm excited to try these! I'll let you know how they turn out!

Kristi said...

These are YUMMMMMY! My kids loved them! I doubled the recipe and froze the leftover pancakes for the next morning! This is our new favorite pancake recipe!