CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Chicken Pot Pie

This is probably one of my most requested recipes. I had to share even though I do not have a photo at this moment.

Chicken Pot Pie
By: Becky Pulsipher

Ingredients:
3 Chicken Breasts
1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 Can Cream of Broccoli Soup
1 Can of Sliced Potatoes
1 Bag of Frozen Vegetables (California Blend-Broccoli, Cauliflower, Carrots)
1 Cup of Milk
¼ tsp Pepper
¼ tsp Thyme Powder
2 cans Refrigerated Biscuits (try not to get a thick kind, because they turn out doughy, I recommend Wal-Mart brand)

Chop raw chicken into bite size pieces and cook on stovetop until golden brown and tender. While chicken is cooking, steam frozen veggies. In a large bowl, stir together the soups, milk, pepper, and thyme. Strain the potatoes and cut them smaller if you prefer. Add potatoes to the soup mixture. Add chicken and veggies to the soup mixture once they are done too.

Pour the filling into a 9X13 pan. Cook at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until the sides start to bubble. Open cans of biscuits and cut each one into ¼’s. Take pot pie out after the 20 minutes and cover the mixture with the biscuits side-by-side. Place back in oven until biscuits are golden. **I usually turn up the oven temp to 400 before I cook it with the biscuits on it. Biscuits usually cook at a hotter temp and this helps them from becoming doughy. Yum, Yum, enjoy!!!

4 comments:

Michelle Jones said...

Looks great Becky!

Can you explain a little more to me how to cut the biscuits? Do you cut them in quarters like a pie, or do you cut each individual biscuit into 4 thinner biscuits?

Thanks!!!

Becky said...

I cut them into quarters like a pie. I hope that helps!

Unknown said...

Mmm, I've been wanting this one for years!

Unknown said...

Finallly making it tonight! Hope your feeling better.